EXPERIENCE ENGINEERING INTERNSHIP
CAVU is currently seeking a student for a full-time paid Experience Engineering Internship. The student must be currently enrolled and have completed at least one year of a university degree from a recognized accredited college or university in an Engineering related Discipline. Preferred education program BEng, Mechanical Engineering. Four Month internship options beginning September 2022, January 2023 and May 2023 each extending 4 months.
CAVU Designwerks is a global provider of amusement attractions to the theme park industry. Our name refers to an aeronautical term – Ceiling And Visibility Unlimited. CAVU takes a blue-sky approach to identifying our customer’s objectives with unclouded vision. At the core of CAVU is passion, talent and experience. An engineering team that has broken the barrier time and time again and created incredible success for our clients. The best minds in the industry are here with CAVU, ready to see the future and create the next big attraction. When you join CAVU you will become an integral member on our newest project team designing a revolutionary ride system that will set the bar for all future immersive experiences. CAVU offers an environment where you will learn from true innovators and your work will be recognized.
Reporting to the Project Engineer, this Experience Engineering Internship is a remote position that focuses on assisting both the Sales and Project Teams with daily tasks. You will serve as the go-to for assistance in modelling, project coordination and the creation of sales collateral.
As the Experience Engineering Intern, you will be mainly mechanical engineering-focused but will wear many hats as you work with different teams within CAVU. Each week time will be set aside for training and mentoring as you build your skills and qualifications to enter the industry after graduation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
During your internship, you will be asked to perform the following tasks:
- Work closely with our project team to meet the technical and business goals
- Assist the project team in meeting deadlines by creating models and drawings in SOLIDWORKS and AutoCAD
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to team members as required
- Develop ride system specifications to meet industry standards
- Prepare documentation for key Design Reviews
- Participate in weekly project & sales team meetings
- Assist in the sales process through the creation of PowerPoint presentations
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree student in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards (ASTM)
- Experience in SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD, and drafting skills
- In-depth knowledge of Office Suite tools (Excel. Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent technical communication skills are required for participation in technical presentations
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for our internship program please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the following:
- Engineering program and school
- Preferred semester (September 2022, January 2023 or May 2023)
- Information about your engineering program
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.